Beautiful Bespoke Hausboots and ModdPods near Linlithgow
Why is Couston Lakes described as a self sustaining eco resort ?
An eco resort, in simple terms is a lodging facility that takes steps to reduce its carbon footprint while giving back to its local community.
Couston Lakes is dedicated to making significant efforts to reduce its environmental impact, both behind-the-scenes and in our rental properties.
Here are just some of the ways we have implemented a self sustaining community:-
- Couston Lakes uses solar PV to generate their electricity supply. (Yes even in Scotland solar energy is sustainable) Solar Photovoltaic Energy is energy sourced from sunlight. It is a great source of renewable energy available throughout the world. This type of energy is generated through the photoelectric effect: a photovoltaic cell absorbs the photons (light particles) in the sun’s radiation and converts them into electricity.
- Sustainable Urban Development Scheme:- Sustainable drainage systems (SuDS) are designed to manage storm water locally (as close to its source as possible), to mimic natural drainage and encourage its infiltration, attenuation and passive treatment. In simple terms, rain water sits in the lake and doesn't flow straight into the water course thus reducing flooding to the surrounding area.
- Our rental properties are heavily insulated products which require very little heating in order to stay warm, all year round. This saves on electricity.
- Natural rain water harvesting - We utilise as much natural rain water as possible so this can be recycled and used throughout the park.
- We source much of our products locally in order to give back to the community
- We recycle :- E-waste, Light bulbs, Batteries, Printer cartridges, Cardboard, Pizza boxes Aluminum cans & bottles, Newspaper, Magazines
Watch Couston Lakes Develop!
The First phase our of resort is now open and taking bookings.
Hausboots and ModdPods are already in situ!
Construction and development of the next phase is underway:-
- Overnight Hook Up facility for Caravan and MotorHome owners
- Luxury lodges overlooking our stunning lake
- Restaurant and Catering Facilities
- Indoor/Outdoor Recreation Centre
- Indoor/Outdoor Activity Centre
- Spa and Gym